Toa Payoh is the perfect place for some outdoor adventure in Singapore! From the quintessential wet market fish samplings to an old-school hawker centre that’s been around since the 19th century and tucking into some of Singapore’s original brand names including Lau Kee Prawn Noodles & Chicken Rice next door in Hock Teck Kopitiam – it doesn’t get more local than this!
You can also access fast cash nearby without fretting about interest rates or getting involved in any predatory lending schemes.
How to identify a licensed money lender?
The Ministry of Law has a list of licensed moneylenders to verify if the moneylender you are dealing with is legal. Here are some red flags to be aware of:
- Use abusive language, or behave in a threatening manner towards you.
- Ask for your SingPass user ID and/or password.
- Retain your NRIC card or any other personal ID documents (e.g. driver’s license, passport, work permit, employment pass or ATM card).
- Ask you to sign on a blank or incomplete Note of the Contract for the loan.
- Grant you a loan without giving you a copy of the Note of contract for the loan and/or without properly explaining to you all the terms and conditions.
- Grant you a loan without exercising due diligence (e.g. approving a loan over the phone, SMS, or email before even receiving your loan application form and supporting documents, such as the income tax assessment and payslips).
- Withhold any part of your principal loan amount for any reason.
Factors to Consider When Taking a Loan
On top of the red flags, you should also consider these factors when choosing the best loan:
- Loan amount – You can borrow up to 6x your monthly income for unsecured loans if you are earning at least $20,000.
- Interest rates – Legal lenders follow a 4% interest rate cap regardless of loan amount and income.
- Loan tenure – Make sure you check out all of your options and try not borrowing money that will take longer than a year or two (depending on how much interest) as it could cost more over time because of compounding interest rates.
- Charges and fees – An administrative fee should not be more than 10% of the principal loan amount when the loan is granted.
If you fail to repay the loan on time, the maximum rate of late interest a moneylender can charge is 4% per month for each month the loan is repaid late.
Legal lenders don’t charge early settlement fees.
How can Bugis Credit help you?
Established in 2007, Bugis Credit is committed to helping Singaporeans get back on their feet. From your first loan request until you’ve repaid the last of your debts, Bugis Credit will be by your side every step of the way!
Direction from Toa Payoh to Bugis Credit Pte Ltd
- Get on PIE
- Head south on Lor 2 Toa Payoh
- Use the left lane to take the PIE ramp
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Pan Island Expressway and merge onto PIE
- Continue on PIE. Take Exit 13 to Rochor Rd. Take exit 15 from ECP
- Merge onto PIE
- Use the left 2 lanes to take exit 13 to merge onto KPE
- Use the 2nd from the left lane to stay on KPE
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 1 toward City
- Merge onto ECP
- Use the left 2 lanes to take exit 15 for Rochor Rd
- Continue on Rochor Rd. Drive to North Bridge Rd
- Continue onto Rochor Rd
- Turn left onto North Bridge Rd and Bugis Cube will be on the left
- Take the escalator up and you should be able to see Bugis Credit on the right with unit number #02-12
List of Licensed Money Lender Near Me
Licensed Money Lender Personal Loan Boon Lay
Licensed Money Lender Personal Loan Bukit Panjang
Licensed Money Lender Personal Loan Choa Chu Kang
Licensed Money Lender Personal Loan Clementi
Licensed Moneylender Personal Loan Jurong
Licensed Money Lender Personal Loan Jurong East
Licensed Money Lender Personal Loan Jurong West
Licensed Money Lender Personal Loan Yew Tee
Licensed Money Lender
Ang Mo Kio
Choa Chu Kang
Upper Bukit Timah
Yio Chu Kang
Ready To Get Your Loan?
Request for a quotation from our friendly officers by filling out the form below