One of the many things that the pandemic has taught us is that things can change quickly. In fact, the COVID-19 pandemic has led millennials to be more cautious in managing their finances to better prepare for their future, according to Standard Chartered.
Planning your future entails setting your financial goals and managing your wealth. For this, you will need the expertise and skills of a credible financial planner in Singapore. The right financial planner can help you in managing your wealth, plan for your child’s education, set up your retirement, and more.
I don’t have much wealth, do I still need a financial planner? While you can take a DIY approach to your finances, a financial planner can provide you with objective and unbiased advice. Plus, they can provide their expertise so you can make smart financial choices.
Benefits of Working with a Financial Planner
You don’t need to be a millionaire to avail of the services of a financial planner. From individuals to families, and to corporations- each of these entities can benefit from their objective financial advice.
- Setting your financial goal: You may have an idea of what you want. However, you may not be able to clearly define your objects. A financial planner can help in identifying roadblocks to your success so they can create a proper roadmap you can follow.
- Expertise: Financial planners in Singapore are licensed and regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore under the Financial Advisers Act. By tapping into the expertise of a financial planner, you can be assured that you are making smart and informed decisions.
- Customized financial solutions: If you need help with wealth management, a financial planner can help optimize and diversify your investment portfolio. They can also minimize the taxes you need to pay and maximize returns of investment.
- Comprehensive approach: Financial planners also provide a holistic approach when it comes to setting your financial goals. They will incorporate different aspects, such as retirement planning, estate planning, and health coverage. If you have children going to college in 10 years time, they may also include education planning.
- Accountability and support: When you work with a financial planner, you will be able to hold yourself accountable. They can help you stay on track and provide guidance throughout your financial milestones.
Top Financial Planners in Singapore
When curating this list, we have taken into account the years of experience of the firm. We added financial advisory firms with more than 5 years of experience with at least a 4-star rating on Google. We also took into consideration the range of financial services and products they offer, preferring firms that provide wealth management, insurance coverage, and investment management.
At a Glance:
|Financial Planner||Best For||Main Services|
|Expat Advisory Group||International Clients Seeking Financial Advice||Multi-currency wealth management|
|Global Financial Consultants||Competitive Financial Solutions||Savings, investment, insurance, and retirement planning|
|MoneyOwl||Comprehensive Financial Planning||Financial planning and insurance coverage|
|FWD Insurance||Personal Insurance||Life and health insurance|
|Synergy Financial Advisers||Comprehensive Wealth Management||Investment funds and wealth management|
|Prudential Singapore||Personal and Family Insurance||Health protection and wealth accumulation|
|Financial Alliance||Comprehensive Financial Solutions||Personal and business financial advisory|
1. Expat Advisory Group – Best for International Clients Seeking Financial Advice
The Expat Advisory Group is under the IPP Financial Advisers Pte Ltd umbrella. It is a specialized division that focuses on helping foreigners and international private clients in managing their finances while living and working in Singapore. IPP Financial Advisers Pte Ltd is a reputable financial advisory firm with over 85 years of experience.
Price Range: Please get in touch with Expat Advisory Group for a price quote
- Multi-currency wealth management
- Retirement planning and pension transfers
- University fee planning
- International and multi-currency mortgages
- Legacy planning, trusts, and wills
- Tax efficiency
- Life and health insurance
- Business owners solutions
- Address: 78 Shenton Way, Singapore 079120
- Number: +65 6511 8805
- Website: https://www.eag.ippfa.com/
Reviews: 5 stars on Google Reviews
2. Global Financial Consultants – Best for Competitive Financial Solutions
Boasting over two decades of financial advisory experience, Global Financial Consultants are renowned for their customized personal financial plans. Their financial experts will take into account your specific requirements and from there, they will offer tailored services.
Price Range: Reach out to GFC for a price quote
- Savings and investments
- Insurance and protection
- Education planning
- Retirement planning
- CPF investment
- Tax-effective strategies
- Address: 14 Robinson Road, #10-01 Far East Finance Building, 048545
- Phone: +65 6532 2711
- Website: https://www.gfcadvice.com/
Reviews: 4.8 stars on Google Reviews
3. MoneyOwl – Best for Comprehensive Financial Planning
MoneyOwl is Singapore’s 1st Bionic Financial Advisor and they use technology that uses complex financial models to create customized plans with ease and precision. Want a human connection with a more personal touch? MoneyOwl also has a dedicated team of advisers so you can enjoy the best of both worlds.
Price Range: Starts at S$99 (introductory offer) for Comprehensive Financial Planning. For investment services, you can check out their website for a more thorough breakdown of advisory fees.
- Financial planning
- Insurance coverage, including life and health insurance as well as retirement income insurance
- Investment management
- CPF Portfolios
- Address: 23 Keong Saik Rd., Singapore 089130
- Phone: +65 6329 9188
- Website: https://www.moneyowl.com.sg/
Reviews: 4.9 stars on Google Reviews
4. FWD Insurance – Best for Personal Insurance
Established in Singapore in 2016, FWD Insurance has since made a name for itself. They deliver financial services that are simple, affordable, and reliable. They have a direct-to-consumer platform where their clients can purchase their preferred life and general insurance products from the website.
If you wish to speak with a financial planner, FWD Insurance also has a wide network of financial advisory firms.
Price Range: Visit FWD Insurance’s website to get a quote in minutes.
- Life and health insurance
- Motor insurance, including car, motorcycle, and commercial car
- Travel Insurance
- Investment and Savings advisory
- Address: 6 Temasek Blvd, #18-01 Suntec Tower 4, Singapore 038986
- Phone: +65 6820 8888
- Website: https://www.fwd.com.sg/
Reviews: 4.5 stars on Google Reviews
5. Synergy Financial Advisers – Best for Comprehensive Wealth Management
Synergy is a group of intelligent, independent financial advisors who provide winning solutions for their clients. They offer tailored yet comprehensive financial planning and wealth management solutions. Plus, their financial products are from a number of major life insurance companies and they have an extensive wealth of investment funds.
Price Range: Please contact Synergy for a price quote
- Investment funds
- Health and disability insurance
- Wealth management
- Address: 229 Mountbatten Road, #03-30 Mountbatten Square, Singapore 398007
- Phone: +65 6654 1888
- Website: https://synergy.com.sg/
Reviews: 4 stars on Google Reviews
6. Prudential Singapore – Best for Personal and Family Insurance
When it comes to insurance coverage, you may have heard of Prudential Singapore. With over 125 years of experience, it is one of the world’s largest insurance and financial services companies. In fact, it has earned its rank as one of the top insurance companies worldwide.
Aside from insurance products, they also offer health protection, wealth accumulation advisory, and legacy planning.
Price Range: Please contact Prudential for a price quote
- Health protection, including medical, accident, and critical illness
- Life protection
- Wealth accumulation, including savings, retirement, investments, funds
- Legacy planning
- Address: 5 Straits View #01-18/19, Marina One The Heart, East Tower, Singapore 018935
- Phone: +65 6333 0333
- Website: https://www.prudential.com.sg/
Reviews: 4 stars on Google Reviews
7. Financial Alliance – Best for Comprehensive Financial Solutions
Financial Alliance is an independent financial advisory firm and prides itself in offering unbiased financial advice for its clients. They offer only the best-suited financial plans based on the unique needs of each individual.
As an independent financial advisory firm, they are free from the influence of meeting sales quotas. As such, their financial advice is given solely based on the client’s needs and financial goals.
Price Range: Please contact Financial Alliance for a quote.
- Personal financial advisory
- Private wealth advisory
- Islamic wealth advisory
- Fee-based advisory
- Commercial business planning
- Business succession planning
- Address: 150 Beach Road #12-01/08, Gateway West Singapore 189720
- Website: https://fa.com.sg/
- Phone: +65 6222 1889
Reviews: 4.1 stars on Google Reviews
It’s never too early nor too late to start managing your finances to reach your future goals. With the help of a credible and reliable financial planner, you can create a feasible roadmap while staying accountable. A financial planner will help diversify your investment portfolio as well as provide insights on the best financial products to grow and secure your wealth.
- The best wealth management strategy marries proper financial planning and a good investment strategy to sustainably grow your wealth.
- The finest financial advisors offer objective advice to meet their client’s long-term financial goals.
- Financial planning may involve proper budgeting of finances, investing in the right asset class, saving for retirement, insurance coverage, and more.
- Financial planners in Singapore are licensed and regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore under the Financial Advisers Act.
Find yourself in a tight financial situation? You can rely on a licensed money lender, like Bugis Credit, to easily apply for a personal loan with low interest. With a 5-star rating on Google Reviews, Bugis Credit offers flexible repayment terms and no hidden fees! Request for a quote today.